List:       ibm-acpi-devel
Subject:    [ibm-acpi-devel] how to get hotkeys working without
From:       Alec Robertson <alec.robertson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-01 16:19:51

Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest kernel 2.6.25-rc3 and compiled it without the
deprecated /proc/acpi stuff. As a consequence, acpid doesn't work (no
/proc/acpi/events) and the corresponding events in /etc/acpi/events (on debian
unstable) therefore do not fire.

I've seen mention of using the "input layer", "acpi netlink" or "evdev" in order
to process the new events. But how? Which programs should I be using?

Cheers,

Alec