List:       hypermail
Subject:    Re: Hypermail LAYOUT File
From:       Daniel Stenberg <daniel () haxx ! se>
Date:       2000-07-25 2:40:24

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Hammer Robert wrote:

> Now I am working in a Web management company, where I got the job to
> rewrite hypermail in such a way that those writes HTML tags, which are at
> present hardcoded in the SOURCE code into its own layout file! on it, I
> wrote a config.h and with the subroutine void fprint_summary (part of the
> header and footer) begun the HTML code to remove. my ask now is, what du
> you holds it from this idea and wath do you say to my version! so
> everyone can generate its own layout of hypermail. print.c and config.h
> are attached

While I think this might be a good idea, I don't like having the tags defined
in the config.h file.

- I think all options should be in proper config files so that I can change
  the looks and configs of all my archives using the same executable.

- Using the conf[] array in the source like that (with hard coded
  indexes) make everything utterly hard to read or modify and it becomes
  very easy to make mistakes.

- The file name config.h clashes with the config.h file the configure script
  makes, which will cause confusion.

These are just my views on this.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77