List:       hypermail
Subject:    Mailing list
From:       Kent Landfield <kent>
Date:       1998-07-14 21:32:46

Seems that I ran into a problem with the list when I upgraded to
sendmail 8.9 and did not know it. This version is much more anal
about certain aspects of the local configuration than earlier versions.

> From the majordomo FAQ:
"The new security features of sendmail don't allow :include: directories
to be group writeable. Unfortunately, by default these directories are
group writeable with Majordomo."

I have corrected the problem but at this point there is no way for me
to recover mail sent since the first of July... sigh... Please repost
any messages you've sent to the list recently.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent@landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/