List:       hypermail
Subject:    [hypermail] file numbering started anew
From:       Tobias Weber <towb () celvina ! de>
Date:       2003-11-09 19:34:41

Hi,
this might be a stupid question since everything worked fine for the past
months and I more or less forgot about hypermail ;-)

But now the mbox is so big that it takes minutes to parse everything and add
new messages to the archive.

So I cropped the first few MB off the file and ran hypermail again. It
should not have done anything. What it did was write all messages still in
the mbox again, but with filenames below 200. There are now almost identical
3245.html and 0180.html, including the links to messages no longer in the
mbox, which proves that .hmindex was read.

see http://www.celvina.de/arktur/schan-developer.rc

--
  Tobias Weber