List:       hypermail
Subject:    Re: [hypermail] reverse_folders flag
From:       "Peter C. McCluskey" <pcm () rahul ! net>
Date:       2003-02-06 18:59:45

 fgoebel@mppmu.mpg.de (Florian Goebel) writes:
>I just got hypermail-2.1.6 from your web page and compiled it on an Alpha
>machine. It is really a nice tool and it's already basically working fine for
>me. I just found one problem: The flag: reverse_folders = 1 does not seem to
>have any effect (I am using it together with monthly_index = 1). In the
>summary.html file the monthly links are in any case ordered such that the
>first month comes first and the most recent month comes last. Is there
>anything I can do about it?

 The reverse_folders option was only designed to work on folders (directories).
The monthly_index = 1 option is an unrelated feature which does not involve
creating new directories. The folder_by_date option is generally better
(especially for archives with thousands of messages where it avoids large
index files and slow performance due to too many files in one directory),
so I haven't given much thought to the monthly_index option since the
folder_by_date option was implemented.
 It probably makes sense to apply reverse_folders to the monthly_index
option. I will try to look into that next week.