List:       hypermail
Subject:    [hypermail] Installing problems
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6tzing?= <mkloetz0 () Smail ! Uni-Koeln ! de>
Date:       2003-01-28 13:51:18

Hi , first of all excuse my poor english, I am german and not used to speak
english. My problem: after running ./configure the INSTALL file says
    If you wish to test the new hypermail before installing it

        - chdir to tests/

        - copy a mailbox you have to a local file named "testmail"

        - type "sh ./testhm"

    This will generate an archive under a newly created "testdir/"
    directory.  Check it out with your favorite browser.
I am working on a intel-pc with suse linux 8.1.I need hypermail just for local
use to sort my mailinglists. My mailprgramm is KMail
and it works fine.But I cannot copy a mailbox, for example /home/mk/Mail/
suesmailinglist/cur, to the file testmail.To my opinion its not possible to
copy a directory into a file and thats what my system tells me also.I can
only create a directory called testmail, and when I say "sh ./testhm" it says
file or directory not found.I am sure its a silly mistake i make but I cannnot
find it on my own.So I hope for some help.
tia
Michael Klötzing