List:       hypermail
Subject:    Re: [hypermail] hashed filenames patch commited to CVS
From:       Jose Kahan <jose.kahan () w3 ! org>
Date:       2002-11-27 15:59:48

Hi Peter,

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 05:50:33PM -0800, Peter C.McCluskey wrote:

>  Jose, the changes you made to attachment names didn't work, so I removed
> that part of your changes. Your code was using a pointer to the prior
> message to generate attachment names. This core dumped if the first
> message had an attachment, otherwise the attachment index file matched
> the attachments with the wrong message. I didn't see an easy way to get
> it to work with your hashed names, so I just fixed it to work with the
> default config. The set_nonsequential option probably still mishandles
> attachments.

Thanks for the bug report. You forgot to mention which parts of the
code you suppressed. Was it this fragment in parse.c?

2254,2255c2252,2254
<                               trio_asprintf(&att_dir,"%s%c"
DIR_PREFIXER "%04d
",
<                                             dir, PATH_SEPARATOR, num);
---
>                               trio_asprintf(&att_dir,"%s%c"
>                               DIR_PREFIXER "%s",
>                                             dir, PATH_SEPARATOR,
>                                             message_name (emp));

Could you mail me a test message to help me fix the bug?

Thanks!

-jose