List:       hypermail
Subject:    [hypermail] compiler warning: `vfscanf' redefined
From:       Michail Vidiassov <master () iaas ! msu ! ru>
Date:       2002-06-11 18:05:05

ear Guru,

When I compile hypermail I get lots of warnings about vfscanf
being redefined in trio.h.

As far as I can understand, at first the hypermail authors wanted
to use system vfscanf if it is available and fall back to trio_vfscanf
if not.
But later it was decised to use trio_vfscanf always.
Thus system libs are not tested for vfscanf by configure and
thus HAVE_VFSCANF never gets defined.
What are the reasons for this decision?

Or it is just a tiny bug, easily fixed by a change in configure.in?

                        Sincerely, Michail