List:       hyperledger-tsc
Subject:    Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] HLP representation at W3C workshop
From:       Brian Behlendorf via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc () lists ! hyperledger ! org>
Date:       2016-06-14 22:14:32

I support Arnaud's participation in lieu of Stefan.  Christopher Allen
will also be there, and there may be others familiar with HL at the
event.  Stefan, could you notify W3C and pass the torch to Arnaud?

There may still be room for additional participation from TSC members,
if anyone else is passionate about the topic.  But I don't want to
over-weight this, this is just an exploratory conversation.  I saw TimBL
and Wendy (who's co-hosting the event) at the Distributed Web event last
week, and they stressed this is not yet a working group and they don't
want to step into anything where they're not needed.  But at their best,
W3C has done a great job showing how to get competing interests to build
a common Open Web, so a good relationship with them is inherently a good
thing, IMHO.

Brian

On 06/14/2016 11:22 AM, Christopher B Ferris via hyperledger-tsc wrote:
> One last point as many may know realize this, but Arnaud is a long-time W3C \
> participant, has chaired WGs and worked on the W3C team before joining IBM. He is \
> also IBM's AC representative, so he knows his way around and would be an effective \
> representative, IMO.
> Cheers,
>

> Christopher Ferris
>
> IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Open Technology
>
> IBM Cloud, Open Technologies
>
> email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
>
> twitter: @christo4ferris
>
> blog: https://developer.ibm.com/opentech/author/chrisfer/
>
> phone: +1 508 667 0402
>

> -----stefan.teis@deutsche-boerse.com wrote: -----To: Christopher B \
>                 Ferris/Waltham/IBM@IBMUS
> From: stefan.teis@deutsche-boerse.com
> Date: 06/14/2016 02:13PM
> Cc: hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org
> Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] HLP representation at W3C workshop
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> hi Arnaud,
>

> Thx for this.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Stefan
>

> From:
> "Christopher B
> Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
>
> To:
> stefan.teis@deutsche-boerse.com,
>

> Cc:
> hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org
>
> Date:
> 06/14/2016 08:11 PM

> Re: [Hyperledger
> Project TSC] HLP representation at W3C workshop
>

> Stefan,
>

> Sorry you cannot make it. Arnaud Le Hors from IBM (and my right hand) will
> be attending (I cannot make it either).
>

> Cheers,
>

> Christopher Ferris
>

> IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Open Technology
>

> IBM Cloud, Open Technologies
>

> email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
>

> twitter: @christo4ferris
>

> blog: https://developer.ibm.com/opentech/author/chrisfer/
>

> phone: +1 508 667 0402
>

> -----hyperledger-tsc-bounces@lists.hyperledger.org wrote: -----To: \
> hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org
> From: Stefan Teis via hyperledger-tsc
>
> Sent by: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@lists.hyperledger.org
>
> Date: 06/14/2016 02:05PM
>
> Subject: [Hyperledger Project TSC] HLP representation at W3C workshop
>

> Hi,
>

> I had agreed with Brian and Chris to
>
> represent the Hpyerledger project at a W3C workshop:
>

> https://www.w3.org/2016/04/blockchain-workshop/
>

> Our position statement  was accepted
>
> and we are invited to participate in the workshop. However, due to some
>
> private issues I cannot attend after all. Would anyone of you be willing
>
> to take my slot?
>

> Thanks a lot
>

> Best regards,
>

> Stefan

> Deutsche Börse AG
>

> Chairman of the Supervisory Board/
>

> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:

> [...]

Brian Behlendorf
Executive Director at the Hyperledger Project
bbehlendorf@linuxfoundation.org
Twitter: @brianbehlendorf