List:       hylafax
Subject:    flexfax: controlling Long Distance access
From:       Velocet <mathboy () moloka ! velocet ! ca>
Date:       1998-02-26 20:54:15

Cant find match for LONG or DISTANCE in FAQ search.

Cant find match for same in mailing list archive search back to 3 years
ago.

(in fact, cant find more than one word at a time with either search tool,
  too bad)

So I post without guilt. ;)

At any rate - has anyone figured out a mechanism to control long distance
faxing? Allowing some users to fax long distance and others to not do so?

I can think of only one easy way to do this by IP: setup two hylafax
servers on the same modem, so that alternate lists of IPs can be allowed
to use different dial rules (ie one that mangles long distance#s and
doesnt it go through, and one that does it properly).

Doing it by username wouldnt work, as users could spoof another's username.
I didnt see anything to strongly tie a username to an IP and to reject
it as said user unless its on that IP.

Any other ideas?

/kc
--