List:       hylafax
Subject:    Bug in the simple mail-to-fax gateway of HylaFAX
From:       TaeYun Kim <zeo () mutul ! dwt ! co ! kr>
Date:       1996-08-31 0:51:52

Hi.

I must report a bug in the simple mail-to-fax gateway of HylaFAX.

It does not work at all, at least as is, with sendmail.
The bug is in the specification of the fax mail delivery agent which is
added into /etc/sendmail.cf.

In faxmail/mailfax.sh-sendmail, the spec is as follows:

>Mfax, P=/usr/local/lib/fax/mailfax, F=DFMShu, M=100000,
>      A=mailfax $h $f

sendmail communicates with a mail delivery agent in two ways: the one
is using SMTP, the other is using simple write-only pipe.
Since faxmail, the actual mail delivery agent supplied by HylaFAX,
only supports wirte-only pipe, sendmail must be told not to use SMTP.
To do that, the spec must include '$u' in 'A=' section.
So, correct spec is:

Mfax, P=/usr/local/lib/fax/mailfax, F=DFMShu, M=100000,
      A=mailfax $h $f $u

Here, '$u' can be safely ignored by mailfax script.

Hope this helps.

(Sorry for my poor English, I'm not a native speaker(writer))