List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: Hylafax 4.0 Protocol - Documentation
From:       Sam Leffler <sam () melange ! esd ! sgi ! com>
Date:       1996-08-27 0:20:38

    To:  flexfax@sgi.com
    Subject:  Hylafax 4.0 Protocol - Documentation
    Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 20:32:07 +0200
    From:  Martin.H.Ludwig@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de

    Hello!

    I want do write a new client for Hylafax using Tcl/Tk, working both
    on unix and W95. Is there a documentation of the new Hylafax 4.0
    protocol available? I only found the hint that it is like ftp (RFC 959)
    but not the same.

Sorry, no documentation other than the source code.  However figuring it
out is fairly easy, just use the -v option to the client programs to trace
their use of the protocol.  This should give you most of what you need;
the main thing missing will be details about how files are transferred
which is just like FTP (except that compression is supported using zlib).
If you have specific questions freel free to ask them on this list and I
will respond.

        Sam