List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: Question: notify.awk
From:       faxmail () Bongo ! mclean ! org
Date:       1996-07-30 18:30:55

Some "better" mail programs will not send multiple copies of a single message to
the same person if they are received at the same time (ie. multiple RCPT TO:
lines in a single SMTP transaction), as might be expected in delivering a
message with the headers below. I'm guessing that your mailer probably delivered
it only once. Since the mailer also resolves the aliases, it will map
"FaxMaster" in the second header back to your user name and, once again, have
two identical messages slated for you, one of which will be dropped. If you
really want to test this out, try sending the fax while logged in as a different
user, so that the To: and Cc: recipients will not map to the same user.