List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: faxrmmodem?
From:       Sam Leffler <sam () hyla ! chez ! sgi ! com>
Date:       1996-07-29 0:52:44

    To:  flexfax@sgi.com
    Subject:  faxrmmodem?
    Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 15:38:27 CDT
    From:  Zachary DeAquila <zachary@zachs.place.org>

    Well, we've got a nice, fairly automated way to *add* a modem,
    but how does one remove a modem cleanly?  I've got this modem
    (well, serial port, actually) that went bad, and I need to
    remove it... I think I know what to remove, but I want to make
    sure I don't forget anything:

      init call for faxgetty on that port
      that port's FIFO
      config.thatport
      ... ?

    what else am I missing?

If you are running faxgetty then I usually just change the init entry
and send a SIGHUP to init (kill -1 1); faxgetty will be sent a SIGTERM
by init and it will notify faxq that the modem is to be marked "down".
If you run faxq send-only, then faxstate -s down <device> is all you
need to disable.  There is no need to remove any files.

        Sam