List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: Embed postscript in ascii document
From:       Sam Leffler <sam () hyla ! chez ! sgi ! com>
Date:       1996-04-30 21:21:01

    To:  Malcolm Gillies <malcolm@connect.com.au>
    Cc:  flexfax@sgi.engr.sgi.com
    Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 09:22:32 EDT
    From:  robk@pulse-sys.com (Robert Klein)

    >PostScript is a general purpose programming language, not just a fixed
graphics
    >format. As a result, transforming existing PostScript code is a
non-trivial
    >task.

    I tore apart textfmt.c++ to build a library of routines to put postscript
    formatting in the output of my web to fax gateway.  So far I've just
created
    functions like:

    ps_header();
    ps_trailer();
    ps_font (char *fnt, char *size);

    BTW: do you know of any reference manuals on the postscript progamming
language?
    Thanks,

In the v4.0 code I created a C++ class to do all the formatting and
text->PS conversion work that textfmt does.  textfmt then becomes a
simple client of the code.  Likewise faxmail uses the code and it may
possibly be used some other places before I'm done.

        Sam