List:       hylafax
Subject:    Hylafax on Indigo2 queues fax then does nothing
From:       bjb () scitec ! com (Brett Borowski)
Date:       1995-07-28 22:57:00

I have an Indigo2 running IRIX 4.0.5H, gcc 2.6.3, libg++ 2.6.2,
gnu make 3.71.1, and Hylafax 3.0pl0113.

I successfully (?) built and installed the software (after removing
every last remnant of flexfax--I hope).  I changed "awk" to "nawk" in
faxaddmodem and configured my modem (a MT2834BA) in a variety of ways,
trying hardware and software flow control.

But it doesn't work.  I've got Server and Session tracing both set to
783.  It queues up the fax just fine and reports this in the SYSLOG:

Jul 28 18:36:57 moe FaxQueuer[26478]: SUBMIT JOB "sendq/q7"

But as far as I can tell, nothing further happens.  The modem doesn't
blink.  Faxstat reports that the server is running but status is
"Queued and waiting."

The modem works fine on ttyf2 with kermit and ppp.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!
Brett

--