List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: FaxGetty[11450]: FIFO.cua_4: Can not open: No such file or directory
From:       Sam Leffler <sam () flake ! asd ! sgi ! com>
Date:       1995-03-29 18:19:39

    To:  HylaFax <flexfax@sgi.sgi.com>
    Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 10:30:31 MST
    From:  John Patrick Poet <john@BlueSkyTours.COM>

    I finally have some time to try and get HylaFax working.  Unfortunatly
    I don't understand the error loging system.  Where do I find a log of
    everything the HylaFax programs are doing?

ServerTracing goes to syslog, SessionTracing goes to files in the log
subdirectory.  This is described in config(4F), log(4F), hylafax(4F),
and the HTML materials.

    System:
    	Sun Sparc 10
    	Solaris 2.4
    	ARTEport 8 port serial board

    When I try and start up the faxgetty program like so:
    	faxgetty -d cua/4

    I end up with this line in the /var/adm/messages file:
    Mar 29 10:22:56 maui FaxGetty[11450]: FIFO.cua_4: Can not open: No such file or directory

    Note that the "FIFO.cua_4" is my own addition to faxGettyApp.c++, so
    that I could see what file it was complaining about.

If there is a problem in the code, please identify it.

    The crazy thing is, that a file by the name of FIFO.cua_4 IS created
    in /var/spool/fax.  So what is it complaining about?  Or is not
    looking in the same directory in which it created the file?

Please RTFM for what -d does.

    Sam