List:       hylafax
Subject:    session tracing on sunos 4.1.3
From:       thomas () silcom ! com (Harold Thomas)
Date:       1995-02-24 10:08:20

Could someonw who knows sun system admin help me get session tracing working?

In my config.ttya file I have:

LogFacility             local3

As I understand the default for the parameter SessionTracing is 1 which should
turn it on.

In my /etc/syslog.conf file I have:

#
# flexfax
#
local3.info                     /var/spool/fax/etc/syslog
local3.debug                    /var/spool/fax/etc/syslog
local3.err                      /var/spool/fax/etc/syslog

When I try to send a fax I get:

dena.silc:thomas<332>% sendfax -d 6810058 testfax
request id is 10 (group id 91) for host localhost (1 file)

Nothing happens on my modem.  So I check with faxstat:

dena.silc:thomas<364>% faxstat -v
connect to localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4557
-> version:2
-> userID:thomas
-> serverStatus:
-> userStatus:Harold Thomas
-> .
<- server:all modems:FIFO:Running
<- EOF
Server on localhost:FIFO for all modems: Running.

It seems that faxq is OK.  When I check /var/spool/fax/etc there is no file
called syslog.  Is the fax stuff being logged?  If so, where?  Can someone
please tell me what to do to get the session tracing log so that I can
figure out why my fax is not sent.

Many greatful thanks,

Harold Thomas   thomas@silcom.com