List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: [hylafax-users] FAXing in mass
From:       A J Stiles <hylafax_resp () earthshod ! co ! uk>
Date:       2015-09-30 9:27:47

On Tuesday 29 Sep 2015, John Hudak wrote:
> Hello:
> I am wondering if there is any scripts or programs that will do bulk faxing
> with Hylafax?
> Any input is appreciated.

You can do it easily enough with a few lines of Bash.

First, create your base document in PostScript with placeholders.  (This
probably is the hardest part.)

Your script then just needs to read the fax number and any personalisation
data from a file or database, use sed to personalise the document by replacing
the placeholders with the personalisation data, and then pass it to sendfax.

But, note: if you are not *very* careful, you could end up getting slapped
with an enormous fine.  You aren't allowed to send a fax to someone with whom
you don't already have some sort of pre-existing relationship.  In our case,
we were notifying customers of an upcoming change to our terms of business, so
this was fine -- but don't even *think* about faxing advertisements.

--
AJS
(Originating address does not accept e-mail.  Insert a figure "one" before the