List:       hylafax
Subject:    [hylafax-users] Modem wedged
From:       "N. Yaakov Ziskind" <awacs () ziskind ! us>
Date:       2012-09-10 14:39:28

internal modem: 00:03.0 Communication controller: LSI Corporation Venus
Modem (V90, 56KFlex)

# faxstat -l
HylaFAX scheduler on chocolate.egps.com: Running
Modem ttyS1 (1 212 xxx xxxx): Waiting for modem to come ready

... been like this for days. Powered off the machine, no help.

I assume that the modem is toast. Right?

What criteria do I use to buy a new one?

Thanks!