List:       hylafax
Subject:    [hylafax-users] Customizing dialrules
From:       Randolf Richardson <randolf+nntp () inter-corporate ! com>
Date:       2012-03-30 23:46:02

	Hi, I'm finding that the dialrules options are extremely limited
because there doesn't seem to be a way to exclude things like area codes
from matching, and then making changes after that.

	I'd like to apply a "1" in front of telephone numbers that don't begin
with any of the local area codes (in this city the local area codes are
604 and 778), and so I'm wondering if there's a way to ONLY modify the
10-digit numbers that don't include these area codes and that don't
begin with the local area codes.

	Removing the "1" prefix from 10-digit numbers with local area must also
never happen because some local numbers are long-distance calls.

	If this can't be done, then is it possible to configure Hylafax to call
a Perl script (or any shell script) that I can program to take care of
this properly?

	Thanks in advance (it seems my previous message didn't get posted, so
this is my second attempt).

--
Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada