List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: [hylafax-users] SOLVED: Hylafax with PAM LDAP Group Auth
From:       Francesco Colista <francesco.colista () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-09 14:13:14

Il 09.03.2012 14:56 Giuseppe Sacco ha scritto:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> Il giorno ven, 09/03/2012 alle 08.18 +0100, Francesco Colista ha
> scritto:
> [...]
>> With this configuration, only the users belonging to group
>> SendFaxGroup
>> are able to successfully authenticate themselves on Hylafax (my
>> settings
>> are different, i've not a domain my.domain and username and
>> passwords
>> are not what are showed here, obiouvsly:-).
>
> If you change ldap.conf, then these setting will be used by any
> application that uses LDAP authentication, while changing
> only /etc/pam.d/hylafax you only affect hylafax users.
>
> I suggested to set up the latter, but I never tried. Did you prefer
> the
> former for any particular reason, or is it not possibile to limit
> settings to the /etc/pam.d/hylafax file?

Umh. Well, this is a good point.
What i observed (but i could wrong) is that a modify on
/etc/ldap/ldap.conf was not parsed by HylaFax.
I've not tryied modify only /etc/pam.d/hylafax...i should strace the
daemon to be sure.
Really, i've only this LDAP client in my server.
But i've to check.
Thanks for the important point..i'll let you know.

--
:: Francesco ::
Blog: http://fc1979.blogspot.com