List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: [hylafax-users] DialRules won't be applied
From:       Aidan Van Dyk <aidan () ifax ! com>
Date:       2009-11-27 13:55:16

* Tobias.Gruenewald@rga.net <Tobias.Gruenewald@rga.net> [091127 05:24]:

> Thank you for your suggestion.
>
> My understanding of the Capi4Hylafax Suit was, that it emulates modems for
> the hylafax server and maps all the modem stuff to Capi stuff.
> So for the hylafax server it should behave like any normal modem, so
> dialrules should work. At least that is what I thought.
> And since all documentations on Capi4Hylafax I found, mentioned dialrules
> at one place or another, I think that's the way it should be.
> Are there any other suggestions? I'm banging my head against a wall :-)
> Such a simple thing like rewriting a dialnumber costs me tons of nerves.

Well, it's *supposed* to, but they HylaFAX people can't guarentee
that...  With HylaFAX, there is a "dialtest" program that can be used to
test your dialrules... If it checks out properly with dialtest, but
still not with Capi4HylaFAX, then there is not much more HylaFAX can do,
you will probably have to take it up with the people writing/developping
Capi4HylaFAX.

I'm sure there intentions are to make ti compatible and act like a
normal HylaFAX "faxsend", so if identified problems are brought up, I'm
sure they'll work to fix them.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@ifax.com
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103