List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: [hylafax-users] MIME Conversion of excel attachment
From:       Lee Howard <faxguy () howardsilvan ! com>
Date:       2008-09-29 6:23:31

n.belenkov@concords.ru wrote:
> I have Hyalfax+ 5.2.7 running on Ubuntu 8.04.1.
> There is Email-to-fax gateway setup. I have emails from 1 PC, that
> generates xls attachments. So i have a problem with xls converter.
> I created /var/spool/hylafax/mimetype dir with application subdir. There is
> 2 scripts:
> pdf ( marked +x):
> -------------
> #!/bin/sh
>
> /usr/bin/pdftops $1 -
>
> -------------
>

> xls (marked +x):
> ------------------
> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/unoconv -f pdf --stdout > /usr/bin/pdftops -
>

> How to fix "DISCARDED: application/vnd.ms-excel"? Any ideas?
> Thank you.

Firstly, make sure that /var/spool/hylafax/mimetype is the right place
for the conversion scripts.  It's probably not.  The default is
/usr/local/lib/fax/faxmail.  Take a look at the bottom of 'man faxmail'
on your system and it will say where that path is.

Secondly, "xls" is not the right name for that file.  It needs to be
application/vnd.ms-excel.  In other words, there needs to be an
"application" subdirectory in the directory mentioned above, and then in
that there needs to be a "vnd.ms-excel" script to do the conversion.

Thanks,

Lee.