List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: [hylafax-users] Swann modem: No response to PPS repeated 3 times
From:       Lee Howard <faxguy () howardsilvan ! com>
Date:       2006-06-30 15:40:01

robert_s@emailme.net.au wrote:

>FaxGetty[3180]: MODEM DAVICOM V.90 DATA/FAX/VOICE/SPEAKERPHONE
>MODEM,VER:1.06N 562/

I worked with a Davicom chipset a long time ago.  At the time it only
supported Class 2, so I'm glad it's changed.  However, it's probably a
very untested chipset with HylaFAX, and thus it may have some quirks
that need to get handled by our Class 1 driver.

The fact that the connection didn't successfully train until V.27ter
4800 bps concerns me.  Is this the norm for this modem?  Does it always
only succeed training at 4800 bps with all destinations?  Or just this
one in particular?

You're not using a VoIP phone "line" are you?

Thanks,

Lee.