List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and old fax machines...
From:       Lee Howard <faxguy () howardsilvan ! com>
Date:       2006-06-29 19:41:44

Kelly Price wrote:

> On 6/29/06, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca> wrote:
>
>> +1 on leaving the list configured the way it currently is...
>>

> Eh.  I'm more used to VMS's LISTSERV software which set Reply-To or
> worse reset the From field, and you had to hand-edit the address back
> in.  Yahoo Groups does that now.

I've found that every list seems to have its own way of doing things
like this... all based off of someone's personal preference from a long
time ago.

Getting a list to change after years of operation is rather difficult as
people tend to learn how to work with each list.

I personally like the way that the lists are because it makes it very
easy to take a conversation off-list.  Other lists don't like
conversations to go off-list, and so they try to frustrate it.

I realize, though, that some will take threads off-list by accident...
and for the most part it's really no harm.

Lee.