List:       hx4700-port
Subject:    [Hx4700-port] howto turn wlan radio on and off
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-15?q?R=F6sch?= <mr () dobiwe ! de>
Date:       2008-07-29 6:26:30

Hello all,

I use those two scripts to turn on and off the wlan0-device:

--------------------------

cat /usr/bin/won
#!/bin/sh

/sbin/modprobe hx4700_acx

sleep 2

/sbin/ifup wlan0

----------------------------

cat /usr/bin/woff
#!/bin/sh

/sbin/ifdown wlan0
/sbin/modprobe -r hx4700_acx

----------------------------

so far, so good.

Now two questions:
1) I can see no significant differences in the remaning battery live time- so
I assume that the radio is not really off. Does anyone know how to arrange
that?
2) Obviously the driver does not handle the blue radio-led of the hx, while
the bluetooth applet does. Is there a way to switch it on manually (writing
a "1" in some proc-file for example)?

Greetings and thanks in advance!

Michael
--
BOFH Excuse #448: vi needs to be upgraded to vii