List:       hx4700-port
Subject:    Re: [Hx4700-port] kismet
Date:       2006-11-20 10:10:20

Hi,

> Why to use attached .doc files,...

no comment on that :-)

Well, yesterday I had finally some time to check your hints.

> Actually, I was dealing with this (among others) problem for the last
> half an hour, just finished troubleshooting.
> Try entering these commands in shell:
>
> sudo kismet_server

I don't have the sudo command. Instead I'm running kismet from a root shell
(why shouldn't I?). The server seems to work fine, at least it prints
messages concerning networks it finds.

> (now open a second shell tab and enter this there:)
>
> export TERM=xterm-color
> export TERMINFO=/usr/share/terminfo
> kismet_client

This doesn't work. It tells me, that it doesn't recocgnize the
terminal "xterm-color".

One other question, since I'm new to familar: Am I supposed to compile things
like "sudo" and all the other little helpers by myself?

Cheers,

- Mo