List:       hx4700-port
Subject:    Re: [Hx4700-port]  TSC2046 touchscreen,
From:       Paul Sokolovsky <pmiscml () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-24 12:35:25

Hello pHilipp,

Saturday, June 24, 2006, 10:36:42 AM, you wrote:

> Hi!

> I'm asking this because I tried to get the hx4700_ts driver to work on
> my magician (it doesn't work yet, the signals are highly non-linear, I
> believe due to the alternating X/Y measurements and not leaving ADC on
> between samples).

> Instead of creating yet another copy (and other htc devices like
> universal and I think hw65xx share this chipset, too), there should be
> a unified driver for all pxa devices using TSC2046.
> Yesterday I learned that the TSC2046 datasheet says the two
> controllers are 100% pin-compatible, and there is already an ADS7846
> driver in mainline.

  I.e. ADS7846 & TSC2046 are clones? And do you mean 'ads7846' driver?
Having common driver is of course a nice idea, as there seems to be
different issues pluguing individual adhoc drivers. But I had look at
ads7846 and got idea that I don't want to try porting it for h4000
(also on ADS7846) just yet ;-) - the code is pretty big and I wouldn't
say very clean (also, 2.6.17 brings more nokia770 changes to it,
increasing size from 16k to 23k). Also, it uses recenetly introduced
generic SPI bus support, while current h4000 driver uses SSP. I know they
are close and may be compatible right away, but if not, debugging
could take few days.

      But again, moving from device-hardcoded drivers to more generic
is nice adea, so let me know if you'd want me something tested on
h4000 ;-) . (In the meantime, I'm going to follow h1900's changes
which changed from reading PXA regs directly to using generic ssp.c
driver).

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml@gmail.com