List:       hx4700-port
Subject:    Re: [Hx4700-port] internal battery
From:       Petr Mosnicka <moshna () YieldTech ! cz>
Date:       2005-10-23 14:22:10

Same here.

quebec:~# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.12-hh2 (ph5@monster) (gcc version 3.4.4) #1 Sat Sep 3
20:17:17 CEST 2005

After 2 days in sleep, then restart on AC and immediately unplugging
from the AC yields this:

Charge:         55
Current:        -523
Temp:           306
Voltage:        3328
apm:            Off-line, battery status high: 55% (1:55:00)

It is an output of the following script:

#!/bin/sh
echo  "Charge:          `cat /sys/class/battery/hx4700_power/charge`"
echo  "Current: `cat /sys/class/battery/hx4700_power/current`"
echo  "Status:          `cat /sys/class/battery/hx4700_power/status`"
echo  "Temp:            `cat /sys/class/battery/hx4700_power/temp`"
echo  "Voltage: `cat /sys/class/battery/hx4700_power/voltage`"
echo  "apm:             `apm`"

Seems like the battery is empty and/or APM is not calibrated and shows
wrong percentage.

But the fact that it lasts only 2 days in suspend indicates misbehaviour
in power management (sleep only?).

OTOH I am very happy w/ the battery life while working w/ the unit.

petr