List:       hx4700-port
Subject:    [Hx4700-port] Hardware sub-pixel font render needed?
From:       Mike Silva <mike () antibit ! net>
Date:       2005-10-20 23:47:05

Do you think it would be possible to implement this feature with the
hx4700 ati graphic chip?

Or given the low resolution in most PDA's (hx4700 is not so low:) the
software sub-pixel won't take too much CPU cycles?

I ask this because in my Slackware workstation ( Athlon2500+ nVidia
geforce4MX DVI connected to a TFT native resolution @1600x1200 ) I get a
big impact in overall system performance when I turn on the sub-pixel
font render in KDE :( untill the next nVidia driver that will fix a bug
in hardware acelaration)

thanks