List:       hx2000-port
Subject:    [Hx2000-port] Hi :)
From:       "Mladen Mijatov" <meaneye () mail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-19 9:40:34

Hello,

I've been reading this mailing list for some time now. Am owner of hx2490 series of \
iPaq. I've managed to boot it with standard image which I downloaded from \
handhelds.org. The odd thing here is... familiar detects my device as hx4100 which \
kernel am not running. Also no WiFi or BT, as well as background light controls are \
available. Same thing with the battery monitor. I've noticed that before initialising \
X it pops up whole bunch of warnings or exceptions (dont know which, too fast to \
read) and I dont have the console cable to capture all that. It's still pain in the \
ass in transfering data from familiar. There is no file browser and terminal has too \
few commands for me to use.

I didnt knew about the harret's telnet service, I'll try with that. Still I think \
linux will unleash the true power of my iPaq. Somehow windows still manages not to \
function well. I mean, you can see the 520MHz processor in action when playing DivX \
or xVid movies but when it comes to displaying control panel icons it still has delay \
of couple of seconds.

Anyway this is not the issue here but I find it really upseting to have powerful \
little thingy but not being able to use it.

I think Opie environment is much more user friendly and easier to manage. Why aren't \
we getting a good kernel to work on. Can anyone direct me to kernel source. I'd \
really like to peak a little bit on that source :D altho I dont expect I'll be \
getting enough time to modify/compile.

Anyway... I have to go back to my work... cheers!

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!