List:       hurd-help
Subject:    Re: xkb, hurd console and es keymap.
From:       Marco Gerards <metgerards () student ! han ! nl>
Date:       2004-08-18 16:29:53

"Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez" <jlalarcon@tandilnet.zzn.com> writes:

>   A very kind guy tell me at the #hurd channel in irc.freenode.net
> that there are a patch for get use different keymaps with the
> Hurd console, using xkb instead pc_kbd.
>
>   I am interested in use es keymap, cos my keyboard is from Spain,
> where i live.
>
>   Someone, maybe Marco, wants explain how get this?.

It is not easy to use right now, because I think it will only work
with a patched console client.  But you could try building it on a
unpatched Hurd, perhaps it will work if you do not use the repeater
feature.

For information about the other patches I am talking about, please
have a look on:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2004-07/msg00136.html

This xkb driver can be found on:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mgerards/xkb8.tar.gz