List:       humorix
Subject:    [humorix] Linux Ported To Zangelding
From:       James Baughn <jbaughn () ldd ! net>
Date:       1999-09-19 1:41:01

Linux Ported To Zangelding
September 18, 1999

According to a Usenet post on alt.linux.zangelding, a group
of Linux hackers have successfully ported Linux to
Zangelding after six months of effort.  "It was quite a
difficult endeavor," said one Zangelding Linux programmer.
"Zangelding is very, very cool, but it's a wee bit hard to
program for.  Not as bad as an Intel 8088 with 64KB of RAM,
though."

Version 1.0 of the full Zangelding Linux (Zanix)
distribution should be available for download next week.
Zanix will include Zangelding-enhanced versions of Netscape
4.61, The Gimp, and StarOffice.  El Cheapo*Bytes is
expected to offer Zanix bundled with a "Zangelding for
Dummies" book for US$14.95.  In addition, a GNU/HURD port
(code-named ZangHURDing) and a FreeBSD port (FreeZang) are
underway and should be available before Y2K.

Zangelding is expected to become a US$2.3 billion industry
by the end of the year.  Zangelding consultants are
demanding salaries of over US$100,000 per year. "I've never
seen anything like it," said Eric Hokes, CEO of Zangelding
Dot Com, a Zangelding consulting firm.  "We're signing
dozens of Zangelding consulting and support contracts with
companies like General Motors and Wal-Mart every day.  Now
that Linux is Zangelding Compatible(tm), I'm expecting
profits to soar even more. Our IPO next month is set to
yield $125 million."

As a sign of Zangelding's growing popularity, nearly 500
people showed up at the first meeting of the Silicon Valley
Zangelding Users Group yesterday.  Newly elected SVZUG
President Bob Van Gelder gave a keynote speech, "Just What
The Heck Is Zangelding?", in which he explained,
"Zangelding is a revolutioary Open Source,
trans-dimensional, energy-efficient, meta-physical,
post-post-modern, buzzword-compliant paradigm built on
post-Einsteinian physics, the Griffin-Smith-Kerblutz
multi-hypertext retrieval algorithms, the Herzen-Farrow
higher-order sub-transform of the Mandelbrot Fractal, and
Greenian meta-temporal analysis."

Zangelding is a relatively new concept that you may not be
aware of, so we at Humorix have done some research and
collected the following Web resources that might prove
helpful in explaining more about Zangelding:

- LDP's Zangelding mini-HOWTO
[http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Zangelding/], explains how
to set up Zangelding and install the Zanix distro.  (This
document was not online at press time, but is expected to
be completed soon).

- ZangDot [http://zangdot.hokes.org], a "News for
Zangelders" website based on the Slashdot codebase

- "Get Rich Quick from Zangelding"
[http://www.spam-sucks.org/samples/zangelding.html], a spam
email sent to millions of people by a multi-level marketing
firm called "ZanGOLD, Inc."

- Zangelding Success Stories
[http://www.corporate-productivity.con/zangelding99/success.html],
a collection of case studies on how Zangelding has improved
productivity and reduced costs at such companies as
McDonalds, Northwest Airlines, and Exxon.

- An Ad-Hoc Study of Greenian Meta-Temporal Analysis
[http://www.umr.edu/~jbradshaw/meta-temp/index.htm], a
doctoral thesis written by James Bradshaw of the University
of Missouri-Rolla about the mathematical underpinnings of
the Zangelding universe.  (Page was unavailable at press
time due to a server upgrade.)

- Zangelding, A Way to a Better Life
[http://www.ofw.fi/pajanet/pajalaiset6/markokov/zang/], a
personal Zangelding fan page by Marko Kovanen

- The Official Zangelding Homepage
[http://www.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/zangelding/], supposedly the
official home of Zangelding.  However, you'd think that the
people behind such a revolutionary paradigm as Zangelding
could create a more professional looking page.

---

James S. Baughn
http://i-want-a-website.com/about-linux/
-
Humorix:      Linux and Open Source(nontm) on a lighter note
Archive:      http://humbolt.nl.linux.org/lists/
Web site:     http://www.i-want-a-website.com/about-linux/