List:       https-everywhere
Subject:    Re: [HTTPS-Everywhere] Feature request: option to disable icon in location bar in Android
From:       Ryan Fugger <arv () ryanfugger ! com>
Date:       2014-02-15 23:04:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Ok, what's happening then is that there are no rules being applied on the
current page. Certainly the icon isn't necessary in that case.

The best thing I think would be to copy adblock and similar plugins: have
an item in the main drop-down menu for controlling settings for the the
current page, and move global settings to the add-on options page.

Imagine if every add-on put its icon in the location bar? I need that space
to see the page title, as well as hit the FF readability icon. HTTPS
Everywhere just isn't important enough to me on a page-by-page basis to
warrant using that space. I'm sure there's a Mozilla add-on guideline
document somewhere that would agree with me :)