List:       https-everywhere
Subject:    [HTTPS-Everywhere] HttpsEverywhere Rulesets
From:       jeff.welling () gmail ! com (Jeff Welling)
Date:       2010-08-31 5:55:11

Hi
I was just trying to write my own ruleset for HTTPEverywhere for Openhatch.org \
according to the page here[1] but it seems to be deprecated.  The page itself says \
its current as of version 0.1.0 but now HTTPSEverywhere is at version 0.2.2 (or at \
least the version you get through the Firefox plugin manager is), and trying to write \
a plugin according to that page not only doesn't work for the site your trying to \
write it for, it seems to break the entire HTTPSEverywhere plugin.

Until I deleted the Openhatch.xml file I'd written, I would try to google for \
something by typing it in the address bar and I would get a blurb of text saying \
basically site has moved to here, and you'd have to click on the link to get to where \
you wanted to go.  Also, until deleting that file, I noticed that sites that normally \
worked under HTTPSEverywhere no longer did, such as a simple google search result.  \
And on top of it all, the site I was trying to write the ruleset for didn't get \
automagically switched over to https.  Writing a ruleset for openhatch should be as \
easy as the first example presented at [1] just replacing 'twitter\.com' and \
'twitter.com' with 'openhatch\.org' and 'openhatch.org'.  But like I said, deleting \
my custom made ruleset makes everything go back to normal.

Just thought you should know that trying to write a ruleset according to that page \
seems to break all of HTTPSEverywhere, and was wondering when I should check back to \
see if it's been updated?

Thanks for the great plugin!
Jeff Welling

[1] https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/rulesets