List:       httpclient-users
Subject:    RE: hostname in certificate didn't match
From:       Richard Gundersen <Richard.Gundersen () pharos ! tv>
Date:       2010-09-14 16:30:35

Hmm, I tried this too in case it was a problem with the default hostname verifier, \
but I still have the same problem:

          String url = protocol + "://" + hostname + ":" + port + path;
        log.debug("Authenticating user " + userName + " against URL: " + url);

        HttpParams params = new BasicHttpParams();
        HttpProtocolParams.setVersion(params, HttpVersion.HTTP_1_1);
        HttpProtocolParams.setContentCharset(params, "UTF-8");
        int timeoutConnection = 3000;
        HttpConnectionParams.setConnectionTimeout(params, timeoutConnection);
        int timeoutSocket = 5000;
        HttpConnectionParams.setSoTimeout(params, timeoutSocket);
        SchemeRegistry registry = new SchemeRegistry();
        registry.register(new Scheme("http", PlainSocketFactory
                        .getSocketFactory(), 80));
        final SSLSocketFactory sslSocketFactory = SSLSocketFactory
                        .getSocketFactory();
        sslSocketFactory
                        \
.setHostnameVerifier(SSLSocketFactory.BROWSER_COMPATIBLE_HOSTNAME_VERIFIER);  \
registry.register(new Scheme("https", sslSocketFactory, 443));

        ThreadSafeClientConnManager manager = new ThreadSafeClientConnManager(
                        params, registry);

        DefaultHttpClient httpclient = new DefaultHttpClient(manager, params);