List:       httpclient-users
Subject:    RE: Need advice on using an appropriate starting point
From:       Sujit Basu <sujit_basu () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-11 14:38:03

Hello Oleg,
Thanks for the suggestions. Will you be able to share some further thoughts on the \
following scenario/questions: At the CLIENT side, I'm expecting the message exchange \
to look like this: CLIENT -> Sends HTTP POST Request
SERVER-> Returns a 200/OK Response
CLIENT-> Starts POLLING the connection for future responses
SERVER-> Sends one or more HTTP responses, and keeps sending until the CLIENT sends a \
HTTP Request asking to CLOSE the session

Now, (from my knowledge of using HTTP Client),
Q:	How will the client actually POLL the connection after receiving the first HTTP \
200/OK response? What's the code snippet would look like for the CLIENT to be able to \
read from the SOCKET after it uses/consumes from the Entity Input Stream to read the \
                first HTTP Response (200/OK)?
Q: 	If I use HTTPClient, is there a way to achieve the above Polling i.e. actually \
reading further responses, since I can use a Poller/Timer action from a single thread \
in my existing code with HTTPClient. Basically I'm not able to understand/visualize \
the sequence of steps for actually be to read/receive response from connection, after \
the first response is received against the HTTP Request. Any suggestions will be \
extremely helpful. Regards,
- Sujit