List:       httpclient-users
Subject:    Re: HTTPS via the Upgrade header
From:       Roland Weber <ossfwot () dubioso ! net>
Date:       2008-02-17 17:45:12

stephen joseph butler wrote:

> Ahh. I wondered about that. Here's the JIRA issue:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-751

Thanks!

> The idea is also the same as the one used to create SSL tunnels
> through a proxy. So an abstraction for the Upgrade header could also
> be used to componentize that code.

Yes, the DefaultClientRequestDirector could benefit from
some componentization :-) But we have some connection
establishing logic in there that already includes CONNECT.
The upgrade after communication starts must be triggered
by the application. Yak, this also means that the 'tunnelled'
flag of the route has to change dynamically...

cheers,
   Roland