List:       httpclient-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Core 4.4-beta1 based on RC1
From:       sebb <sebbaz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-09-23 22:16:16

On 23 September 2014 19:53, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

>> > do useless work yourself.
>> >
>> > It is not useless work.
>> > The RM must - and reviewers should - run the RAT and Clirr checks.
>> > This needs to be documented as part of the release voting.
>> >

>> I agree that the RM and reviewers must run or check these reports.
>> It sure would waste less time if the reports were provided or instructions
>> provided (I added some instructions to BUILDING.txt files yesterday FWIW).
>>
>> Gary
>>

> Gary
>
> As both of us just found our reports generated by RM and those generated
> locally by a reviewer may not always match.

In which case we need to find out why this is happening, and fix the problem.

I also get an error running RAT on httpcore trunk unless I run mvn clean first.

If I run it again, RAT complains about target/rat.txt files.
No idea why this should be; I would expect target/* to be excluded
wherever it occurs in the tree.