List:       httpclient-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [HttpCore][HttpAsync][POLL] Java 1.5 dependency for HttpCore
From:       Ortwin_Glück <odi () odi ! ch>
Date:       2006-10-02 6:30:51

Oleg,

Although I personally love JDK 1.5 a lot, I see that many people still
must use JDK 1.4. Mostly because J2EE 1.4 is the most prominent (Java)
server technology used. J2EE 1.5 is still very young and there is tons
of 1.4 legacy code that needs 1.4 compatibility.

I suggest to use the 1.4 backport of the concurrent package as mentioned
by Julius Davies.

Odi

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/