List:       htmlunit-user
Subject:    Re: [Htmlunit-user] runtimeError: message=[Exceeded maximum stack depth]
From:       "Ronald Brill" <rbri () rbri ! de>
Date:       2018-10-05 15:52:04

Hi Filip,

did a short test with this code

        String uri = "https://www.t-mobile.cz/sms/closed.jsp";

        try (final WebClient webClient = new WebClient(BrowserVersion.FIREFOX_60)) {
          webClient.getOptions().setThrowExceptionOnScriptError(false);

          HtmlPage page = webClient.getPage(uri);
          webClient.waitForBackgroundJavaScriptStartingBefore(1 * 1000);

          System.out.println("----------------");
          System.out.println(page.asText());
          System.out.println("----------------");
      }

and the output looks good so far for me.
You are right there are some log output complaining about problems with the web site. \

> WARNING: Obsolete content type encountered: 'text/javascript'.
The author of the site seems to follow an old web standard :-)

> An invalid or ill....
This is the usual output you get if the site uses e.g. jquery. This kind of libs \
trying different selectors not (yet) supported by real browsers also (but real \
browsers are not logging the error info) and using some fallback code if the browser \
does not support  the css sel.

> SEVERE: runtimeError: message=[Exceeded maximum stack depth]
I have seen this in the past as result of a real strange IE detection code.

And there is the real js error reported in the browser also 'missin }' - shame on \
T-Mobile or at least the testers there. Using tools like HtmlUnit / Wetator will help \
:-)

To sum it up, you can ignor the rest of the messages as long as your page content \
(dom tree) is the right one.

	RBRi