List:       htmlunit-develop
Subject:    [HtmlUnit] [htmlunit:bugs] #238 Htmlunit does not work without xml-apis
From:       "RBRi" <rbri () users ! sf ! net>
Date:       2016-12-31 14:31:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/related)]

--===============8734363790298904971==

Stephane,
have done a initial look at this but it fear that will not be that simple. HtmlUnit \
uses NekoHtml als Html parser (there are plans to replace this in the future...). And \
Neko requires xerces. I can remove the ElementTraversal interface from DomElement and \
then xml-apis from the classpath , the whole thing does no longer work because \
neke/xerces misses something in can't replace from the jdk. Another player in this \
game is xalan used for xpath processing.  I did some research some time ago and all \
the different JDK version including more or less old combinations of xerces/xalan. \
Based on this we decide to stay with this dependency.

But i think reducing the number of dependencies is allways a good point. If i can \
find some time i will try it again. And of course you are welcome to checkout the \
sources and provide patches inbetween....

---

** [feature-requests:#238] Htmlunit does not work without xml-apis**

**Status:** open
**Group:** 2.23
**Created:** Wed Dec 28, 2016 04:57 PM UTC by Stephane Nicoll
**Last Updated:** Wed Dec 28, 2016 04:57 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Hello,

I am working on the Spring Boot project and I am trying to get rid of xml-apis. \
HtmlUnit brings xerces (which itself brings xm-apis). I can exclude xerces and use \
the out of the box impementation provided by the JDK.

Unfortunately, this breaks with htmlunit as DomElement extends directly from \
org.w3c.dom.ElementTraversal

Perhaps this could be improved to rely on a type that is available out of the box?

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because htmlunit-develop@lists.sourceforge.net is \
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/htmlunit/feature-requests/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at \
https://sourceforge.net/p/htmlunit/admin/feature-requests/options.  Or, if this is a \
                mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.
--===============8734363790298904971==

have done a initial look at this but it fear that will not be that simple. HtmlUnit \
uses NekoHtml als Html parser (there are plans to replace this in the future...). And \
Neko requires xerces. I can remove the ElementTraversal interface from DomElement and \
then xml-apis from the classpath , the whole thing does no longer work because \
neke/xerces misses something in can't replace from the jdk. Another player in this \
game is xalan used for xpath processing. <br/> I did some research some time ago and \
all the different JDK version including more or less old combinations of \
xerces/xalan. Based on this we decide to stay with this dependency.</p> <p>But i \
think reducing the number of dependencies is allways a good point. If i can find some \
time i will try it again. And of course you are welcome to checkout the sources and \
provide patches inbetween....</p> <hr/>
href="https://sourceforge.net/p/htmlunit/feature-requests/238/">[feature-requests:#238]</a> \
HtmlUnit brings xerces (which itself brings xm-apis). I can exclude xerces and use \
the out of the box impementation provided by the JDK.</p> <p>Unfortunately, this \
breaks with htmlunit as DomElement extends directly from \
org.w3c.dom.ElementTraversal</p> <p>Perhaps this could be improved to rely on a type \
that is available out of the box?</p> <hr/>
href="https://sourceforge.net/p/htmlunit/admin/feature-requests/options.">https://sourceforge.net/p/htmlunit/admin/feature-requests/options.</a> \
                Or, if this is a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing \
                list.</p></div>
--===============8734363790298904971==--