List:       hsqldb-user
Subject:    [Hsqldb-user]  SHUTDWON alternative
From:       indianscorpio <cool.scorpio84 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-01 6:33:42

I have a huge DB and while starting DB Manager it took a lot of time. In some
thread I read everytime to use SHUTDOWN command and it definitely helped me.
Now my issue is if sometime I close it ( or rather it abruptly gets killed)
again it takes a long time while starting.
Is there some option when this SHUTDOWN command be given without starting DB
manager. Or use some other alternative like by deleting some file or some
command from shell... ???

(for eg. yesterday I left after running a command (create index) but today
when I returned some how my session was crashed so I wasn't able to
SHUTDOWN. Now, the DB is taking (till now) 1 Hour to to just load... its
still loading...!!! Could it be possible if something got corrupted
somewhere :-(( .. )

SOme way to tackle this problem...!!!