List:       hsql-user
Subject:    Re:[hsql-user] hsql error
From:       Adam Russell <arussell () millpondsoftware ! com>
Date:       2000-03-27 19:36:52

I have gotten the same error on my PowerMac with MRJ 2.1.2. I cannot
offer a solution at this time but can extend to you 2 additional data
points that I have observed. They are that an "in-memory" database
seemingly works fine and that after some considerable playing around
with some code I managed to elicit a  java.io exception from hsql. After
making sure that my code was not in error I began to think of possible
reasons for the io exception and vaguely remembered hearing something in
a Mac developer newsgroup about the current rev of MRJ having a java.io
bug.
Now, I know its a stretch but could it be possible that this bug which I
have vaguely heard about is effecting hsql performance on the Mac? Does
anyone know more about this and can elaborate about it without going too
off topic?
-Adam Russell

HI.
I use hsql on a  PowerMac with MRJ 2.1.4.
When I try to re-open a standalone database I get the following error:

DatabaseManager.connect: [43] Wrong database file version
java.sql.SQLException: [43] Wrong database file version

The  .properties file is empty.

What can I do ?

                    Francesco Tondini