List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re:  HPUX-DEVTOOLS: shl_load() vs dlopen()
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2001-04-20 19:57:16

>Is there any advantage to using the PHSS_22514 dlopen() vs shl_open()?  Our
>products run on many platforms and we just hide these differences in macros.

You'll need to determine whether the more standard dlopen is better for you.
Also, your customer will have to install PHSS_22514 to use dlopen.

>And now for the ignorant question, on which CD can I find PHSS_22514?
Paul

You can download patches from the ITRC:
http://itrc.hp.com/

If you have the right type of support contract, patches are also bundled
up periodically on CDs.