List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re: HPUX-DEVTOOLS: problem in getting 64-bit tcl8.0
From:       Michael Ehrig <michael_ehrig () hp ! com>
Date:       2001-03-22 19:59:45

Amandeep,

The problem had to do with a misaligned data. So you might see the problem in
one code but not in another! Therefore your testprogram may work very well but
tcl may not. I *strongly* recommend using the patches. As a quick workaround you
could try to run the 'old' automounter instead of the new autofs: Go to
/etc/rc.config.d and change AUTOFS=0 in the nfsconf file. Then (root!) cd to
/sbin/init.d and run ./nfs.client stop folllowed by ./nfs.client start. You now
run the with the old automounter (bad, slow, ugly) but your getcwd() problem
might be solved. If so the patch will fix the problem for autofs.

Michael

Amandeep Singh wrote:

> I run both the test program as well as tcl shell from the same place.
>
> Amandeep
> Dan Schmidt wrote:
>
> > Amandeep Singh wrote:
> >
> > > Actually I have written a test program and compiled it in 64-bit mode. It works fine. Do you
> > > thing that problem in tcl might be due to patch?
> > >
> > > Amandeep
> > >

> > Did you run your test program on in a local directory or and NFS mount?
> >
> > --
> > Sincerely,
> > Dan Schmidt. DGSA Consulting
> >   phone: 435-753-5038