List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    HPUX-DEVTOOLS: grantpt problems.
From:       Roy.Dragseth () cc ! uit ! no
Date:       2001-03-18 11:00:45

Hi.

I have a problem with an application called konsole which is the
terminal app for kde.  It is using grantpt to open the pty and
grantpt returns successfully, but doesn't change the ownership of the
pty.  According to the documentation it should change the ptys gid to
"tty" to prevent eavesdropping, but nothing happens.  I thought it
could be a problem with konsole trapping signals, but the example in
the grantpt man page give the same behaviour.

Any hints is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Roy.

--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsų, N-9037 TROMSŲ, Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00