List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    HPUX-DEVTOOLS: Re:  CXX-DEV: pxdb comipation error
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2001-02-23 13:34:16

>I am creating the library (.sl) file using ld.

You must use aCC -b to create aC++ shared libs.

>ld creates the library but gives me Error 11.

You can still use the library but not debug it.
You should consider using +objdebug so pxdb won't be involved at all.

>   ld -b +s -c./alertlog.exp -o alertlog.sl alertconfigobj.o ...
Invalid expansion name guid_SFP9isis_guidRC9isis_guid
cu: 336 index: 0xe332. Pointer to GNTT_SRC
pxdb internal warning: unimplemented gntt kind -512 in cu 336
pxdb32: internal error. File won't be debuggable (still a valid executable)
>Any Idea on this?
Ashwin

Finally after seeing this for N years we may have finally figured it out.
CR JAGad43702
pxdb internal warning: unimplemented gntt kind, bad VT offsets

indicates problem where the compiler has bad offsets into the string table
when dealing with virtual tables and Comdats.

There is also a poor assumption in pxdb and it gets confused.

Part of the problem is fixed in A.03.30, available in March.

>From: "BENNETT,ANDY (HP-Unitedkingdom,ex1)" <andy_bennett@hp.com>
>Make sure you have the latest version of pxdb on the machine. The latest
>patch for 11.00 is PHSS_20122

I'm not sure if this solves it.  But using +objdebug will help.

(Oops, using +objdebug may cause the compiler to abort. )-: