List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    HPUX-DEVTOOLS ANNOUNCE: WDB ANNOUNCE: wdb 1.1 available for download from http://www.hp.com/go/wdb
From:       Mike Vermeulen <mev () hpclhayb ! cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       1999-05-18 22:01:26

Release 1.1 of the wdb debugger is now available for free download from:

    http://www.hp.com/go/wdb

Major improvements and changes in the wdb 1.1 release include:
	- new GUI interface
	- support for user-space threads
	- bugfixes including substantial memory use improvements
	- update to gdb 4.17 based sources

wdb 1.1 is an HP supported debugger based on the gdb debugger from
Free Software foundation.  It replaces both DDE and xdb debuggers.

Major features of wdb include:
   * Available for both HP-UX 10.20 and HP-UX 11.0.
   * New GUI interface (wdb) that starts quick and is straightforward to use.
     Also available with xdb style terminal interface (gdb -tui) and command
     line modes (gdb).
   * Support for HP C, aCC and Fortran compilers.  Also works with g++ and gcc.
   * 64-bit support and 32-bit support.
   * Support for hardware watchpoints (11.0), kernel threads and user-space
     threads.
   * Support for programs compiled with +objdebug, a new compile option that
     keeps debug info in object files and can significantly speed up debug
     link times.

This message has been sent to the wdb-announce@cxx.cup.hp.com mailing
list.  We keep this as a very low volume announce only mailing list for
announcements of new wdb versions.  You most likely entered this list by
request from http://www.hp.com/go/wdb web pages.  If you would like to
be removed, please send email to majordomo@cxx.cup.hp.com for instructions.
If you have other comments or questions, you can send them to me.

Happy debugging,

--mev, Mike Vermeulen, mev@cup.hp.com